Contacts of the Department of International Relations
Office 219, Mechnikov street, 34, Odessa, Ukraine, 65029
tel.: + 380 482 341192
fax: + 380 482 341192
ONMU delegation headed by the rector of the university Prof. Rudenko S.V. visited the China Development and Global Opportunities International Conference on Social Development for Countries along "the Belt and Road" (Shanghai Academy) as part of expanding cooperation between the Scientific Research Center for Social Development of the “the Belt and Road” IS CASS-ONMU and Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) during 2018, June, 10-14.
According to the decision of the Academic Council of Odessa National Maritime University from 28.02.2018, the employee of the Ministry of Justice of the federal state of Lower Saxony (FRG), Erich Marks was awarded the title "Honorary Professor of the ONMU".
Brief biography of Eric Marks (born 1954).
Erich Marks is an educationalist and works in the Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice as director of the Council for Crime Prevention. He has worked for many years, especially in the field of prevention at national and international level. Erich Marks is among others managing director of the German Congress on Crime Prevention (GCOCP), Vice President of the International Centre for the Prevention of Crime (ICPC), Vice President of the European Forum for Urban Security (EFUS) and chairman of the foundation Pro Child.
Erich Marks was born in 1954 in Bielefeld, Germany. He studied Educational Theory, Philosophy and Psychology at the University of Bielefeld with a scholarship of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation. In 1980 he graduated in Educational Theory and attained the academic title of Diplompädagoge.
- Fulltime offices (since 1980):
- Founding Executive Director “Brücke Köln” (1980 – 1983)
- Executive Director of the Federal Association for Social Work, Penal Law and Crime Policy – DBH (1983 – 2001)
- Founding Executive Director of the Foundation "German Forum for Crime Prevention" – DFK (2001 – 2002
- Executive Director of the Council for Crime Prevention in the Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice since 2002
- current voluntary and additional offices (among others):
- Founding Managing Director of the German Prevention Congress (DPT) since 1995
- Founding Executive Director of the German Foundation for the Prevention of Crime (DVS) since 1991
- Vice President (since 2012), member of the Board of Directors of the International Centre for the Prevention of Crime (ICPC) since 2006
- Vice President (since 2010) and member of the Executive Committee of the European Forum for Urban Safty (EFUS) since 2005
- Founding chairman of the Foundation Pro Kind since 2006
- Executive Board Member of the Criminological Research Institute of Lower Saxony since 2012
- Advisory Board Member "Communities That Care (CTC) European Network: Making CTC work at the European level" since 2013
- Member of the Advisory Council of the German Foundation for Crime Prevention
E. Marks makes efforts to develop a positive image of the Odessa National Maritime University.
WUT International Young Scholars Forum aims at gathering outstanding scholars from home and abroad in Wuhan the River City to promote exchange between talented young scholars and cooperation between different fields of research and actively implement the strategy of constructing the world first-class disciplines and first-class university. The organizer of the forum is Wuhan University of Technology.
The deadline for filing an online application is March 1, 2018.
All expenses for participation in the forum are offset by the organizers.
invite to participate in the III International Scientific Conference "Social Development of the New Silk Roads: New Silk Road Development in Ukraine"
Venue: Odessa National Maritime University, conference hall, 3rd floor (65029, Odessa, 34 Mechnikov str.)
Date: October 30, 2017